TRW Crash Sensor Defect
There's growing concern that some sort of electrical overstress is messing with airbag control units (ACU) in certain Ram trucks. At this time the problem is believed to be responsible for as many as eight deaths which has sparked an invest…Continue reading article "TRW Crash Sensor Defect"
Ram Vehicles with Recalled Takata Airbags
Parts supplier, Takata, manufactured defective, shrapnel-hurling airbag inflators that need to be recalled. The issue affects 37 million+ vehicles spread out across 24 brands, making it one of the largest (and most dangerous) recalls in aut…Continue reading article "Ram Vehicles with Recalled Takata Airbags"
Where Airbags And Seat Belts Complaints Happen
Sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints and see where the biggest stacks are. Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the hills.
- air bag light on in the 2015 ProMaster City
- air bag light on in the 2012 1500
- fasten seat belt warning sound won't turn off in the 2014 ProMaster 1500
- seatbelt stopped latching in the 2014 1500
- air bag light coming on in the 2013 1500
- service airbag system light on in the 2014 1500
- air bag did not deploy in accident in the 2013 1500
The passenger seat track of the 2019 Ram 1500 has a sensor that keeps an eye on how far the seat is from the dashboard.
Using some fancy math it relays information to the airbag control module to make sure that once the airbag is deployed it doesn’t knock you out.
Sounds smart, except when it’s not working.…keep reading article "How a Seat Track Sensor Is Messing With the Airbags in the 2019 Ram 1500"