EcoDiesel EGR Cooler Leak
The 3.0L EcoDiesel engine's exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) cooler is known to form microcracks that allow coolant to leak and start a fire. Ram recalled the issue in 2019 but a series of delays and backordered parts left many …Continue reading article "EcoDiesel EGR Cooler Leak"
What Are We Missing?
We know there's more problems than this. Let us know which one you'd like to see us cover next.Continue
Where Engine Complaints Happen
Sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints and see where the biggest stacks are. Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the hills.
- camshaft issue and lifter lock up in the 2012 1500
- engine has a knock and valve noise in the 2012 1500
- engine light on in the 2016 1500
- engine light on in the 2014 1500
- check engine light on in the 2012 3500
- broken rocker arm in the 2014 1500
- engine stalls/shuts down while driving in the 2012 1500
2021 Ram Super Duty truck owners are being told to park outside and away from buildings.
That's never a good sign. The Cummins 6.7-liter turbodiesel engine has an electrical short inside the intake air heater relay. Stellantis says the short can happen even when the truck is turned off and it's responsible for three fires.…keep reading article "Ram Super Duty Owners Urged to Park Outside Over Fire Risk"